Using Social Media these days within your charity is essential for maximising any fundraising efforts and getting your cause heard. From brand awareness to fundraising, it is a key tool that needs to be used wisely but if done effectively can really help you accelerate fundraising to put towards your cause. Here are some tips for using social media effectively when fundraising:
- Choose the right platforms: Depending on your target audience, some social media platforms may be more effective than others. For example, if you are targeting a younger audience, platforms like Instagram and TikTok may be more effective than Facebook.
- Build a following: Build a following on your social media channels by regularly posting engaging content and interacting with your followers. You can also use paid advertising to reach a wider audience.
- Share your story: Share your organization’s story and mission on social media, and explain why donations are needed. Use photos and videos to make your content more engaging and this will allow people to relate to your cause.
- Make it easy to donate: Make sure it is easy for people to donate through your social media channels. Use links to your website or appeal pages so they can do it quickly and you receive the money straight away. Be careful with some of the options through donating through social media platforms as some of them do take a while to send you the money and you do not get the donors information so you can thank them for their contribution or send tax receipts.
- Utilise peer-to-peer fundraising with Social Media: Encourage your supporters to share your fundraising campaign on their own social media channels and to ask their friends and family to donate. This can help to exponentially increase your reach and donations. Things such as fun runs, marathons or simply a birthday, getting supporters to leverage Peer to Peer and their social media is a very powerful way to fundraise and grow your supporter base.
- Show gratitude: Be sure to thank your donors on social media, and share updates on how their donations are being used. This will help to build trust and keep your supporters engaged.
Remember to always follow the guidelines and terms of service of the social media platforms you are using, and to be transparent about your fundraising efforts with your supporters. SupporterHub empowers you to leverage social media by being able to create different digital fundraising pages, from donation and appeal pages, to digital raffles, to Peer to Peer pages, all which can be easily shared on social media. Importantly for your charity, we can automatically capture all the important data about your supporters back into the CRM so you can grow your supporter base and thank them for their support.